Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rush - "Clockwork Angels": THE JESSIELOU REVIEW!

Top five tracks:
1. Caravan
2. Headlong Flight
3. Seven Cities Of Gold
4. The Wreckers
5. BU2B

1. Caravan – My #1 song of 2010! I first heard this back in June 2010 and loved it immediately. Not only is it flawless and one of the best songs of this decade thus far, but I'll even go as far to say that this is one of my favorite Rush songs ever. A+

2. BU2B – This also came out in June 2010 and was a #1 for me as well. I love it, it's very heavy. Like “Caravan”, this sounded amazing live!. A

3. Clockwork Angels – This sounds like something that would've been on Moving Pictures! That's my favorite Rush album so clearly that's a good thing. A

4. The Anarchist – Great song but not a standout, but something tells me that will change after a few more listens. B

5. Carnies – That riff in the beginning is HEAAAVY! Not really a standout though. B-

6. Halo Effect – Good song, reminds me of something from Snakes & Arrows. B

7. Seven Cities Of Gold – EFFIN' LOVE THIS. The bass is very Roll The Bones. This has to be one of the heaviest songs they've done in yeaaars. NEXT SINGLE PLEASE KTHNXBYE. A+

8. The Wreckers – This is actually kind of a ballad. Actually it's more of a midtempo but Rush never do ballads so this is basically a ballad. It's amazing though. It's so ironic that one of the things I always loved about Rush were their lack of ballads, and meanwhile I love the few ballads they HAVE done – this, “Nobody's Hero”, “The Larger Bowl”, and of course my all-time favorite Rush song, “Cold Fire”. Also, I have a feeling this is going to be the next single since it said on the sticker when I got the CD, “featuring ‘Headlong Flight' and ‘The Wreckers'”, so expect this to be a future JT40 SMASH! A+

9. Headlong Flight – JAAAAAAAAAAM! This debuted at #1 on my chart back in April for a reason – IT'S AMAZING! The heaviest, most badass song on the album. I seriously love this more with each listen. FLAWLESS with a capital F. A+

10. BU2B2 – An interlude, basically a reprise of “BU2B”. I don't really know how to grade this to be honest.

11. Wish Them Well – Eh, probably my least favorite on the album. It's kinda repetitive. C+

12. The Garden – Amazing ballad, great way to close the album. A

Overall: The good news for Rush is that this is my favorite album of the year! The bad news for them though is that thanks to Lita Ford, they only held that title for one week. Still though, this album gets a solid A from me overall, although I think it will easily become an A+ with a few more listens. Excellent album!

No comments:

Post a Comment